I have developed a number of flash games which can be viewed: www.artificialgames.co.uk
A game made in 24 hours as a ship-it-day challenge at Playdemic.
Mobile Flash AIR
M first mobile game. Made in 3 weeks of evenings and weekends with an artist colleague.
Mobile HaXE NME
TAG: Mr Nibbles
48 Hours Later
A game made in 48 hours for the Ludum Dare competition
TAG: Ludum dare
BlastWave: Lost at Sea
Its Oliver and my latest game. It was supposed to be a quick re-skin of BlastWave, but as usual “quick” was a word that got lost during development as we got excited about it and decided to add more and more features.
Countdown With Neil Haversham
1 Programmer, 1 Artist, 8hours, surely nothing of any quality can be made in that time?
A remake of the classic Minesweeper game, but with a few changes. Rather than being top-down we have done it in an isometric fashion.
Well this is the release of my latest little saunter into the world of particles and shaders in flash 10. It started off as and idea to use the new pixel bender shaders of flash 10 as a more efficient method of updating particle simulations.
Two evenings worth of work.
Im in two minds about this one, it looks nice and its got quite abit of new tech in it but the gameplay is kinda tricky to pickup due to the 3d nature.
Its called blast out and the idea is its a modern day version of Break Out. You have to bounce the ball around (which you may recognise from Blast Wave ) and destroy the terrain to release the particles.
This one was a blast to make, no pun intended, and only took 2 weeks.
My first flash game of a few. Its basically a port of a game i did in the first year of uni in DarkBASIC but with some modifications.
LieroXNA was a project that nearly was. It started off as a personal project but blossomed into a full blown game much more complex and rich than was shown on my blog. I was working for RockPoolGames at the time and the CEO Paul took me and the game down to Eidos to see if they would like to publish it. Sadly they didnt and I missplaced the source code to the project and thus cannot show the stage it got to.
A very very alpha release of a game that was created for a team project at the final year of university, it wasnt finished but serves as a tech demo.
Code Drop v2
CodeDrop came about mainly by accident. I wanted to see if i could create a 2D particle explosion effect. After i discovered how easy this was to do i decided to create a whole game around it!
DarkPOOL was created as a project for one of my first year university modules. It was created primarily as a test into the physics of pool.
SnakeZ was created as a project for one of my modules. We were asked to re-create an old game using the newly learnt DarkBASIC programming language.