Just a short one this month as I have been working super hard with the team on the mobile port of our game BattleTabs. But as this is a personal blog I thought I would share something I think is quite cool.
I have recently really been into the back-end platform Convex.dev writing this review on it back in August: https://mikecann.co.uk/posts/tinkering-with-convex then entering the WebDevCody competition and coming third in this post: https://mikecann.co.uk/posts/chatter-craft-collaborative-art-with-just-your-voice.
So when Convex reached out to me a few weeks ago to let me know they were starting a brand new Developer Champion program and would like to invite me to be a part of it I was super excited and signed up immediately.
What are the benefits?
From the Convex docs on the topic:
- Consistent and transparent AMA with leadership
- Exclusive Convex Champion Swag (coming soon)
- Individual Stack feature: Case study, profile or project feature
- Profile featured on a new champions page on Convex.dev
- Sponsored trips to conferences if your presentation about Convex is accepted
- Complimentary Professional Plan for one team.
- $0/month, in perpetuity
- Up to five team members
- Not for resale or transfer.
- Includes only built-in monthly Professional resource limits.
Straight from Convex's docs on the topic:
- Creating blog posts or videos about Convex
- Attending meetups or conferences to give talks about Convex
- Promoting Convex, only if relevant
- Helping users be successful in the Discord
So what does it mean for me? Not much! Im still going to be focusing 99.9% of my time on Gangbusters but should I decide I want to start giving more talks its awesome that the program is there to help sponsor me if I were to give a Convex talk.
Ill still be writing blog posts on whatever interests me so theres no obligation there.
I really enjoy the power and speed of building things with Convex so no doubt you will be hearing a lot more about Convex powered projects on this blog, stay tuned!